Friday, March 20, 2009

Sewing Lesson 101

Thread, thread, thread, and that damn bobbin!!! PHheewww....I think I'm finally overcoming my frustrations with sewing! I started my first lesson with my friend Hannah last night and sucessfully completed 3 napkins. Let's just give it up for Hannah for her extraordinary talent and mad teaching skills.

My lessons are a gift from Rob for my birthday, because of how badly I have wanted to learn to sew. I had borrowed a sewing machine from Megan (months ago!) and have tried learning from my mom for years. I just want to throw the machine, material, and scissors across the room whenever I try. But yes, finally yesterday, I think I understand how to thread the machine and keep the needle threaded. Here we go!! This means pillows, baby stuff, and much more to come!

1 comment:

steve and randel hambrick said...

ooooh! let's see the napkins!
i've wanted to learn to sew. and i'm SO THANKFUL someone else thinks it's difficult!!! :)